Photos: May 2019
Construction Timelapse Camera - Updated every 10 minutes
Cherrelyn construction is estimated to begin August 2018 and go through August 2019.
Cherrelyn students will go to school in the old Clayton building for the 2018-2019 school year. They will begin school in the new Cherrelyn in August of 2019!
Demolition on the old Cherrelyn Elementary is scheduled to begin the week of July 2.
View: Facility Performance Scorecard and Needs (includes photos)
Cherrelyn Elementary will receive the following additional upgrades and features:
- Parent and bus drop-off lanes
- New parking lot
- New age-appropriate playgrounds
- New Community Garden
- Improved night-time use
- Secure entry
- Centralized and identifiable main entry and office space
- Dedicated gymnasium
- Dedicated cafeteria
- Larger classrooms
- Flexible learning commons designed to support 21st Century Learning
- Varied learning spaces
- Break-out spaces for small group learning
- High-quality day-lit classrooms designed to improve student performance