Englewood Schools will have 4 seats up for election in November 2021
The seats available include three 4-year terms and one 2-year term.
Those interested in serving their community by becoming a Board of Education member are encouraged to attend an information session!
Board of Education Candidate Information Session
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
On Zoom: https://us
During this no-obligation information session, prospective candidates will hear from current Board members what it's like to serve, the time commitment and expectations, and learn more about the process for becoming a candidate.
The Colorado Association of School Boards has created information for prospective Board members to learn about serving on the Board.
Characteristics of a Board Member:
- desire to serve children and the community, and a strong belief in the value of the public schools
- ability to work as a member of a team, including an open mind and ability to engage in give-and-take
- willingness to spend the time required to become informed and to do the homework needed to take part in effective school board governance
- respect for the needs and feelings of other people, a well-developed sense of fair play and the ability to listen and communicate well
- recognition that the school district may be the largest business in town and that the board is responsible for ensuring that business is well managed