Winter Weather Procedures
Please make sure your contact information is current via Infinite Campus. Infinite Campus data is what we use for our ParentSquare communications tool.
Winter Weather or other Unsafe Conditions
If winter weather or other emergency has made it unsafe for students and staff members to report to school/work, Englewood Schools will close/cancel for the day or have a delayed start. Notification about the closure or delayed start will occur very early in the morning, normally before 6:00 a.m.
When Englewood Schools announces closure due to weather:
- All schools, including ECE at Maddox, will be closed
- Champions will be closed
- No meals will be provided
- All in-person programs, activities and athletic events/practices are canceled for the day and evening
- All Englewood Schools’ facilities, including the Roscoe Davidson Administration Building (RDAB) and the Duell building, will be closed
If Englewood Schools announces a Delayed Start, ALL ENGLEWOOD SCHOOLS WILL START 90 MINUTES LATER and BUSES WILL RUN 90 MINUTES LATER.
- Walkers and those who use private transportation should plan to be at school 90 minutes after their normal arrival time (depending on staggered start schedule); not before.
- Doors to schools will remain locked until 20 minutes prior to the delayed start time. No indoor or outdoor supervision will be available until 20 minutes before school begins.
- Staff should make every effort to report at their normal start time with professional understanding that some minor delays in report time may occur.
- Any before school programs, activities, and athletic events/ practices will be cancelled.
- No before school childcare will be provided.
- Early Child Education (ECE) morning-only classes are canceled.
- ECE afternoon-only classes will start at normal time.
- Full-day ECE classes will begin 90 minutes later than normal start time.
- After school childcare will run as normal.
- Breakfast will be provided when students arrive at the delayed start time.
- All schools will be dismissed at their normal times, unless notified otherwise.