Academics by Level
Englewood Schools offer big opportunities in a small town setting. We pride ourselves on the academic success of our students. Our teachers have strong relationships with our students which serves as the foundation to prepare our learners for success after high school. As we build a new tradition of excellence, we are taking focused and bold action to ensure the learning inside our classrooms matches the beauty and uniqueness of our schools.
At each grade level, students are challenged academically and personally to learn and grow. We offer academic and extracurricular opportunities to all students. From the STEAM lab to the black box theater, we provide something for every student’s interest. Our academic pathways are thoughtfully designed to ensure we are preparing students for their future
Englewood Schools offers exceptional learning opportunities to students at every level. Our elementary schools offer students robust learning opportunities tied to the Common Core State Standards, Colorado Academic Standards, and the Next Generation Science Standards. In the primary grades, we focus on teaching the science of reading through Structured Literacy. Early literacy instruction is one of the hallmarks of the Englewood Schools elementary experience, along with mathematics, social studies and science instruction.
Additionally, each student gets instruction in music, physical education as well as art.
Every student in kindergarten through sixth grade also receives instruction in Science Technology Engineering Arts and Math or STEAM. Each elementary school has a dedicated STEAM lab and STEAM instructor who meets with each class on at least a weekly basis.
In middle school, students have access to engaging instruction in all of the core subject areas: English Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, and Science. Additionally, students have access to engaging electives such as orchestra, band, choir, P.E., art, drama and more.
Students also have access to Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) classes in a high-tech STEAM lab. At the middle school level, students have already had 7 years of general STEAM education from their elementary school, so students use the middle school years to fine-tune their interests in the STEAM pathways that appeal most to them.
High School students continue to focus on core academic subjects of English Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies. They also have access to robust electives such as band, orchestra, choir and singing ensembles, world languages, P.E., photography and art.
High School students can also pursue career interests in many CTE programs:
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) with state-of-the-art Creative Learning Systems SmartLabs)
- Engineering which includes computer integrated manufacturing and Robotics
- Biomedical Science
- Athletic Training
- Computer Science (hardware and coding programs)
- Catering (instructional lab with individual cooking spaces)
- ProStart (two-year nationally-recognized program with an industry-standard kitchen)
- Business (active Future Business Leaders of America chapter)
- Broadcast Journalism (industry-grade broadcast studio and editing equipment; award winning school newspaper)
- Cosmetology and Esthetics programs (facilities open to the public)
- Sustainable Agriculture and Green Energies
- Audio Production and sound engineering
Every student has access to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math STEAM) classes in a high tech STEAM lab. In high school, many of our students have already had access to STEAM classes from kindergarten. So at this phase, they are focusing in on specific STEAM pathways to prepare for a STEAM career.
Some of the STEAM pathways to consider are:
- Computer Science
- Digital Media
- Engineering, Manufacturing and Design
- Sustainable Agriculture and Green Energy
- Visual and Performing Arts