Englewood Schools follows recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other local health agencies when it comes to keeping our students and staff members safe and healthy. CDC guidelines for COVID-19 were recently updated. Here is what you should know about the updates as they relate to our schools:
- Those who are exposed to COVID-19 will no longer need to quarantine. Instead, it is strongly recommended that they wear a mask for 10 days following the exposure.
- If a student or staff member is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, they must stay home and seek testing. If tests are needed, please see your school's health office.
- Englewood Schools will not be offering routine testing for students and staff this school year.
- If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, they must stay home (isolate) for 5 days after symptom onset or the positive test. After 5 days, they can return to school or work but should wear a well-fitting mask for 5 additional days after returning.
- Englewood Schools will no longer be tracking COVID cases or sending exposure notifications to families.
Thank you for your cooperation and support in keeping our students and staff members safe and healthy this school year!