Learning Options for Students by Level
Based on feedback from families, Englewood Schools will be offering in-person and online learning opportunities for 2021-2022.
Elementary and middle school students will be able to choose in-person learning or online learning. High school students can choose from in-person, hybrid or online learning.
Elementary Online Program
Elementary school students will be assigned to a class with an Englewood teacher who will teach Englewood curriculum. Students will use district devices at home and be in a grade level class virtually with other Englewood students from across the district. Class content will be taught both synchronously and asynchronously. All online elementary learners will be part of the Bishop Elementary community and enrolled at Bishop. Students who switch from online to in-person will attend Bishop Elementary for the remainder of the 2021-2022 school year.
Middle School Online Program
Middle school students have a fully remote option. Students will use district devices at home and be in classes with other online students. Class content will be taught synchronously and asynchronously by Englewood teachers teaching Englewood curriculum.
High School Online Programs
High school students can choose to have some or all of their courses online. Students may choose to use online courses to supplement their in-person courses or choose to learn 100% remotely. Not all classes will be taught by Englewood teachers, many classes will be done through the Edgenuity platform, but all students will be monitored and supported by teachers from their school of enrollment. This gives students a chance to complete coursework at their own pace. Students can complete more credits in a semester to get ahead or catch up.
- Will masks and social distancing be required for in-person learning?
- Can my student switch from online to in-person during the school year?
- Will a COVID-19 vaccine be required for attending in-person classes?
- Will my student be able to learn online if he or she has a plan such as an ALP, IEP, 504, etc.?
- Will online learning be offered indefinitely?
- Will in-person learning be offered 5 days a week?
- Will remote students be taught by Englewood teachers?
- Will online learning for 2021-2022 be the same model as 2020-2021?
- What if I don't know yet if I want my student in-person or online next school year?
- If my student enrolls in online learning, will he or she be connected to our neighborhood school?
- How do I enroll my student in online learning?
- Will there be online options for preschool students?