Englewood Schools has spent countless hours planning for students and staff to return to school in the fall of 2020.
The process has included a task force made up of varying staff members throughout the district who relied on current state and national guidelines as well as the best thinking of sub-groups. The plans were then discussed in advisory groups of over 100 additional staff members, parents and students. Parents had the opportunity to complete a survey telling us whether their student will attend in-person or online this fall. If you have changed your mind since the survey, please contact your school directly.
Some highlights of the plans:
- Families can choose between in-person learning or eLearning from home through the Englewood eLearning online program
- Students and staff members returning to in-person learning will have daily wellness checks, including but not limited to temperature screenings
- Students and staff members returning to in-person learning are expected to follow all current health guidelines including wearing masks and staying the recommended distance apart
- Students will be grouped within “cohorts” to minimize exposure and to help with contact tracing in case of a positive case of COVID-19
- We expect our in-person learning option to have to go remote at times
- We will provide before and after school childcare for in-person learners through Champions and hope to continue offering full-day childcare in the event of a school closure
- While we are taking every precaution to minimize the spread of COVID-19, please note that no reopening structure can ensure zero transmission and some infections may occur
Process for families and staff:
1. Review the plans posted here for in-person learning and Englewood eLearning (online only).
2. Attend a virtual town hall meeting (or watch a recording of one. Recordings will be posted here after they occur.)
3. The first day of school will be on August 27 for both in-person and eLearning students.
Plans and Support Documents
August 4 Board Meeting Recording
At the August 4, 2020 Board meeting, the Board heard public comments, a presentation from Tri-County Health and discussed return plans.
A recording of the meeting is available here: https://us02web.zoom.
Weekly Stakeholder Updates
Virtual Town Hall Meetings
For Staff: Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
COMPLETED. The recording of this meeting can be accessed here with password 8F%4%.Fx
For Families: Friday, July 17, 2020 1:00 p.m.
COMPLETED. Recording available here. Password: 1Q%#x&4M
For Families: Monday, July 20, 2020 6:00 p.m.
COMPLETED. Recording available here. Password: 6W^vpC=?
En Español: Jueves, 23 julio a las 9:00
In Spanish: Thursday, July 23, 9:00 a.m.
COMPLETED. Recording available here. Password: GpU?2Y?7
Survey: In-Person or Online?
Please fill out this survey by August 3 indicating your decision for your student(s) to attend in person or online. We are asking for a committed response so we can plan accordingly, although parents can change their minds prior to the start of school on August 27. Please fill out a separate survey for each child.
Staff members can fill out the questionnaire about their preference here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions for in-person learning (will be updated as questions are received.)