Englewood Schools has spent countless hours planning for students and staff to return to school in the fall of 2020.
The process has included a task force made up of varying staff members throughout the district who relied on current state and national guidelines as well as the best thinking of sub-groups. The plans were then discussed in advisory groups of over 100 additional staff members, parents and students. Parents had the opportunity to complete a survey telling us whether their student will attend in-person or online this fall. If you have changed your mind since the survey, please contact your school directly.
Some highlights of the plans:
- Families can choose between in-person learning or eLearning from home through the Englewood eLearning online program
- Students and staff members returning to in-person learning will have daily wellness checks, including but not limited to temperature screenings
- Students and staff members returning to in-person learning are expected to follow all current health guidelines including wearing masks and staying the recommended distance apart
- Students will be grouped within “cohorts” to minimize exposure and to help with contact tracing in case of a positive case of COVID-19
- We expect our in-person learning option to have to go remote at times
- We will provide before and after school childcare for in-person learners through Champions and hope to continue offering full-day childcare in the event of a school closure
- While we are taking every precaution to minimize the spread of COVID-19, please note that no reopening structure can ensure zero transmission and some infections may occur
Process for families and staff:
1. Review the plans posted here for in-person learning and Englewood eLearning (online only).
2. Attend a virtual town hall meeting (or watch a recording of one. Recordings will be posted here after they occur.)
3. The first day of school will be on August 27 for both in-person and eLearning students.
Plans and Support Documents
Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act Funding Update - August 18, 2020
August 4 Board Meeting Recording
At the August 4, 2020 Board meeting, the Board heard public comments, a presentation from Tri-County Health and discussed return plans.
A recording of the meeting is available here: https://us02web.zoom.
Weekly Stakeholder Updates
Thursday, July 23, 2020 (En español)
Thursday, July 30, 2020 (En Español)
Thursday, August 6, 2020 (En Español)
Thursday, August 13, 2020 (En Español)
Thursday, August 20, 2020 (En Español)
Thursday, August 27, 2020 (En Español)
Health Screening App (En Español)
Virtual Town Hall Meetings
For Staff: Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
COMPLETED. The recording of this meeting can be accessed here with password 8F%4%.Fx
For Families: Friday, July 17, 2020 1:00 p.m.
COMPLETED. Recording available here. Password: 1Q%#x&4M
For Families: Monday, July 20, 2020 6:00 p.m.
COMPLETED. Recording available here. Password: 6W^vpC=?
En Español: Jueves, 23 julio a las 9:00
In Spanish: Thursday, July 23, 9:00 a.m.
COMPLETED. Recording available here. Password: GpU?2Y?7
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions for in-person learning (will be updated as questions are received.)