Click on a section title to go directly to all the articles in that section. Click "Read more" to go to a particular story.
Important Information for Everyone
- Open Enrollment for Employee Health Benefits: Here's a summary of the benefit plans available along with next steps. Read more...
- Print Shop: The publications department will be closed November 24-27 for the Thanksgiving holiday. Read more...
Information for Teachers and Administrators
- Google Apps on iPads: Professional Development Series. Read more...
- Acuity Training: Optional for Re-licensure credit. Read more...
- Multisensory Literacy Instruction Course: A course designed to enhance teaching abilities of those working with struggling readers. Read more...
- New Teacher Induction December Meeting: All inductees should attend this meeting Read more...
- Think it Up LIVE: Creative students and teachers wanted for this event. Read more...
- Get Google App Tips from the Google Gooru: Sign up for this daily newsletter. Read more...
- Adult English Classes: The Spring Institute offers English as a second language classes at Bishop Elementary. Read more...
- EHS 2015 Craft Fair: On Saturday, November 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Read more...
- Add Your Identity to Online Communications: Adding an image to your Google account helps people feel comfortable communicating with you electronically. Read more...
- Fundraising Activity for the Significant Support Program at TEC: Share a favorite recipe and help raise money for the significant support program at TEC. Read more...
- How to Create and Save a Template in Google Docs: Save time by learning how to use templates in Google Docs. Read more...
Important Information for Everyone
Open Enrollment for Employee Health Benefits
Open enrollment for 2016 employee health benefits will occur from November 1 through November 20, 2015. The information attached
is a summary of the benefit plans that will be offered for 2016. All eligible employees will need to complete enrollment forms or waive coverage during the open enrollment period. The enrollment forms and information are available at human resources and will be available at your school on the day of the scheduled enrollment appointments. If you haven’t done so, please sign up for an enrollment appointment at your school. If you are not available to participate in open enrollment on the day scheduled for your school, you will need to complete the enrollment forms or waive eligibility and return the information to the human resources office no later than 4:30 p.m. on November 20, 2015. If you have questions you are always welcome to contact Phil Bedford
, Director of Human Resources or Theresa Romero
, Human Resources Specialist.
The Publications Department will be closed November 24-27 for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Please plan your orders accordingly.
Englewood Schools has been a Google Apps for Education District for a number of years now. But we have a number of new staff and others who need some professional development on how to use Google apps for teaching and learning. This series is focused on teacher use of Google Apps with students. Nonetheless, all staff are welcome to participate. These are hands-on classes so bring your laptops/iPads. Relicensure credit will be offered for each session except June's. These are optional sessions. Attend as few or as many as you need. If registered participants exceed room capacity, a second session will be scheduled.
To register for a session, just find the event on the 2015-16 District Professional Development Calendar at https://www.englewoodschools.net/Page/4188
. Then click on the event – more details. Then below the session description, find the attached link to the registration form, click on it, fill it out, and submit. You can also copy the event to your calendar. From within the details of the event, click on more actions – copy to [your calendar]. Alternatively, you can click on the event below to take you directly to the registration form for that session. These sessions will be team-taught by teachers and Technology Department staff. We hope to see you there. (There will be chocolate!)
November 19th – Google Docs & Drive
December 17th – Google Forms & Sheets
January 21st – Google Calendar & Gmail
February 18th – Google Sites
March 17th – Google Slides
April 20th – Google Chrome & Extensions
May 19th – Google Hangouts
June 2nd – Preview of iPad Apps for 2016-17
This PD series is aligned to Colorado Teacher Quality Standards 3.D. and 4.B and Colorado Licensure Standards 7.1-7.5.
Back to Top
We are offering an optional, differentiated training for teachers.
The times, dates, and locations are:
- 3:30-4:30 on Wednesday, November 11th at Cherrelyn (Beginner training). The instructor is Lisa Jackson. Topics taught will include how to login, preview the assessment, and run basic reports for data teams and parents.
- 3:30-4:30 on Tuesday, November 17th at Charles Hay (Intermediate/advanced training). The instructor is Thomas Rode. Topics taught will include how to assign interventions and create standards based assessments.
Please fill out the Google Form located HERE
, so we can better tailor the training to meet your needs. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Joanna_polzin@engschools.net
Multisensory Literacy Instruction Course
This course is an introduction to literacy instruction and the science of reading. The course is designed to enhance teaching abilities of those working with struggling readers who require purposeful intervention. Topics covered include an overview of oral language, phonemic awareness, systematic phonics, spelling, fluency, comprehension, history of the language, dyslexia, and components of effective instruction.
This training meets national certification requirements of the Academic Language Therapy Association (ALTA) (www.altaread.org) at the Certified Academic Language Practitioner (CALP) level as well as the International Dyslexia Association’s (IDA) (www.interdys.org) Knowledge and Practice Standards for teachers of reading.
Saturday, January 9, 9:00-3:00
Tuesday evenings, January 19-April 26, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
Englewood Schools has been invited to nominate five teams of one teacher paired with 2-4 students for an event called "Think it Up". The teams will think of projects and raise money to fund them. The teams will compete with other teams in Denver.
Get Google Apps Tips from the Google Gooru
You can sign up for this daily newsletter at https://www.thegooru.com
. The latest tip is a set of Google Classroom flash cards for the most common tasks and functions found here
Adult English Classes
Adults who would like to learn English can do so at Bishop Elementary on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Registration will take place Monday, November 9 at 6:00 p.m.
On Saturday, November 21, 2015, join us for the Englewood High School Holiday Craft Fair, Englewood Unleashed Chili Cook-off and National Honor Society Blood Drive.
Add Your Identity to Online Communications
Adding an image to your Google account helps people feel comfortable communicating with you electronically. Images also help people sort through the many communications they receive and adds a personal touch to them. You can add an image of yourself or your favorite animal, vehicle, or anything that fits your personality.
To add an image to your Google account, follow these steps:
Step 1: Click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your Gmail inbox.
Step 2: Click “Settings” near the middle of the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Click the “General” tab in the upper-left corner.
Step 4: Scroll down and click the blue “Change picture” link above your thumbnail image.
Fundraising Activity for the Significant Support Program at TEC
For this fundraiser, we plan on creating a cookbook for the craft fair and we would like to include all of the recipes from our wonderful in the Englewood School District. We would greatly appreciate it if you could either send your favorite recipe, a favorite family recipe, or a favorite holiday recipe via email with an attachment (picture, file, etc) and we will add it to our cookbook. The students will type up the recipes, decorate the cookbook, and then sell it at the craft fair.
If you could send this to email@example.com
by November 10th we would greatly appreciate your help!
Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you soon.
Sarah Masters and Christine Wiegmann
How to Create and Save a Template in Google Docs
Like it or not, a lot of the documents you make in Google Drive are pretty similar. But why are you starting from scratch each time you create a new one? Whether it is meeting notes or homework assignments, you can save a ton of time by turning them into reusable templates.
Learn how to make reusable templates here.