Englewood Schools believes that high school students who are capable of, and wish to pursue college level work while in high school, should be permitted to do so. Any student who is not more than twenty-one years old, is enrolled in the 9th,10th, 11th, or 12th grade, and has met the necessary course requirements may be eligible to take college level coursework. These approved courses will receive both high school and college credit. Students may take two courses per semester with tuition paid by Englewood Schools.
Students have two options to access concurrent enrollment classes:
- Students may enroll in college-level classes offered on a college campus.
- Students may enroll in college-level classes offered on our high school campuses during the regular school day.
The following high school courses are offered for concurrent enrollment credit:
- Accounting 1 & 2
- Algebra 2 (seniors only)
- Cosmetology 1 & 2
- English 4 (seniors only)
- Honors College Prep English 4
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to PC Applications
- Journalism 3
- ProStart 1 & 2
- Senior AVID
- College Algebra
- College Trigonometry
- English Composition 1 & 2
- Fundamentals of Music