Food and Nutrition Service provided at ECE Maddox
All Meals at ECE are provided family style.
This type of meal service allows teachers, caregivers, and children to eat together, creating a relaxed environment. Also, this method is ideal for providing a conversational environment where children can not only develop good social skills but can also learn good eating habits.
Characteristics of Family Style Meals
- Food is placed on the table in serving bowls, plates, or baskets.
- There are serving utensils for all food.
- Everyone, including the adult, sits down together and eats the same meal.
- Food is passed from one person to another.
- Everyone serves himself (or receives assistance as needed).
- There is adequate food provided on the table for the children and adults.
- Children may have second helpings.
- Everyone participates in a pleasant social atmosphere.
- There is opportunity to practice cooperation and respect.
Food and Nutrition Service Contacts Englewood Schools
ECE Kitchen Manager - Ms. Lisa
Nutrition Director / Phone:
District Chef / Phone: 303-806-2026
Please Click here for: