ECE Mission Statement
Preparing all students for future success through learning, leading, engagement and action.
Graduating the leaders, thinkers, and explorers of tomorrow.
In partnership with families and the Englewood community, the Englewood ECE will provide and support high quality developmentally appropriate, comprehensive early childhood services which meet the social/emotional, physical and educational needs of all preschool-age children, and their families.
Please click on the link to see some of our ECE students!
Part Day Preschool
$350.00 per month (Flat rate)
($3,500.00 per year / 10 monthly payments)
Full Day Preschool
$345.00 per month ($3,450/10 months) = If eligible for partial funding
$690.00 per month ($6,900/10 months) = If not eligible for funding
ECE Program Days and Hours
Classrooms Hours 2018-2019
- 8 Full Day Classrooms (Monday-Friday) 8:30-3:30pm
- 4 Half Days Morning Classrooms (Monday-Thursday) 8:15-11:30 am
- 3 Half Days Afternoon Classrooms (Monday-Thursday) 12:15- 3:30 am
Extended School care:
Before and after school care is available for an additional charge. Please see the tuition contract in the main office for details. Drop in child care is not available. Space is limited!
Before school care: 7:00 - 8:30 am
After school care: 3:30-5:00 pm
Non-student Professional Development Child Care: $43.40 per day (these are held once a month on Fridays, please see calendar for more info)
Your Childs Learning Experience at ECE
School readiness skills such as listening to stories, recognizing name, counting, and early writing skills
- Social/Emotional skills such as identifying feelings, learning how to make friends, and learning how to take turns and share
- Independence through activities such as, dressing for recess and taking care of personal belongings
- Learning new words and how to use language to express their ideas, wants, and needs
- Thinking skills such as problem-solving and focusing on activities
Classrooms at ECE
ALL aspects of the school are designed to support children’s growth and development. Decisions ranging from the physical set-up of the furniture and materials in the classroom to the selection of books in the library, to the type of tomato plant growing in our garden are all focused, intentional, and grounded in the foundational practices that guide our school. Teachers observe children and use their interests to shape the curricular choices provided in the classroom—literacy is infused throughout each learning experience.
We are using the following curriculums:
The curriculum, instruction and assessment adopted by the Englewood ECE program at Maddox meets all the standards outlined in the Colorado Early Learning and Development Guidelines, the Colorado Department of Education Academic Standards and School Readiness Criteria, and the Head Start Learning Outcomes. The High/Scope curriculum model guides us as we plan and implement the preschool/childcare program. It emphasizes the process of learning. The curriculum adapts to children with a wide range of abilities and builds on their strengths and interests. It is a "hands-on" program with a focus on active involvement. We supplement High/Scope with other resources to ensure that we are fully preparing students for kindergarten.
- High Scope
- Letter Links
- Growing Readers
- Handwriting without tears
- Eureka Math
- Second Step Social Emotional Curriculum
- Culture of wellness
- Special Olympics of Colorado
- Mr. David's Music Classes
Don't miss your opportunity to apply! How to apply?
Enrollment and Eligibility Criteria:
- Children must be between the ages of 3-5 (children must be 3 before October 1st)
- A Child Find Screening is a part of the enrollment process please click here for more information about our ECE Screenings.
- Call Ana Chavez to schedule a screening at 303-806-2522 or Office at 303-781-7585