In the event of winter weather conditions, Englewood Schools closely monitors weather forecasts and conditions to make a decision about whether or not a delayed start or school closure is warranted. Should conditions warrant a delayed start or a school closure, families and staff will be notified immediately via the district’s website, phone calls, emails, television news outlets, Facebook, and Twitter.
Please make sure your contact information is current via Infinite Campus.
When Englewood Schools are closed:
- All Englewood Schools, including Maddox ECE and before-and after-school childcare, are closed.
- All programs, activities, and athletic events/practices are cancelled for the day and evening.
- All Englewood Schools’ facilities, including the Roscoe Davidson Administration Building (RDAB) and the Duell building, are closed.
If Englewood Schools announces a Delayed Start, ALL ENGLEWOOD SCHOOLS WILL START 90 MINUTES LATER and BUSES WILL RUN 90 MINUTES LATER.
- Walkers and those who use private transportation should plan to be at school at the delayed start times – not before.
- Doors to schools will remain locked until 20 minutes prior to the delayed start time. No indoor or outdoor supervision will be available until 20 minutes before school begins.
- Staff should make every effort to report at their normal start time with professional understanding that some minor delays in report time may occur.
- Any before school programs, activities, and athletic events/ practices will be cancelled.
- No before school childcare will be provided.
- Early Child Education (ECE) morning-only classes are canceled.
- ECE afternoon-only classes will start at normal time.
- Full-day ECE classes will begin 90 minutes later than normal start time.
- After school childcare will run as normal.
- Breakfast will be provided when students arrive at the delayed start time.
- All schools will be dismissed at their normal times, unless notified otherwise.
Please see the delayed start schedule below for the 2019-2020 School Year: