Prospective Student Teachers - Requirements
- Completion of on-line application for student teachers including comprehensive resume, two letters of recommendation and college transcripts
- Completion of essay or cover letter expressing specific interest in the Englewood Schools
- Completion of fingerprinting and CBI/FBI criminal history check prior to assignment
- Interview and approval from Principal and Cooperating Teacher
- Application materials must be received no later than May 1st for fall placement and November 1st for spring placement
- Student teachers who are selected will be notified by Principals
- NOTE – In State program candidates will be given priority consideration. Priority will be given to areas in highest need of teachers (ex. – special education, secondary mathematics, STEM, etc.).
- Prospective student teachers are not to contact teachers and/or principals directly.
ES Cooperating Teachers – Requirements
- Must be non-probationary with the Englewood Schools
- Must have a minimum of five years of proven successful teaching
- Master’s degree preferred
- May not have more than one student teacher one semester out of four or if year-long one every other year
- Must have completed the District co-teacher training or comparable training approved by Learning Services.
- Must participate in the interviewing of student teacher candidates
- Must evaluate student teacher
NOTE: All special education and student services interns, practicum students and student teachers must be approved by the Executive Director of Student Services.
Assignment of student teachers, interns and practicum students will be dependent on the school performance framework status of each school. Schools on priority improvement or turnaround will not host student teachers, interns and/or practicum students.