Concurrent Enrollment and CTE Information
Requirements to take CTE and/or Concurrent Enrollment through CFHSC
- Be at 90% for at least 2 sessions
- Have your Math, Reading, and Writing Proficiencies passed (see Kathryn, Kat, or Jen if you do not but really want to do this)
- TESTING: Make sure you have these College Readiness Scores:
- Reading: Accuplacer 80+ OR ACT 17+
- English: Accuplacer Sentence Skills 95+ OR ACT 18+
- Math: Accuplacer Elementary Algebra 85+ OR ACT 19+
- See Kathryn for CTE or Concurrent Enrollment forms with additional steps you must take.
NOTE: If you are a Senior and do not have these scores, please talk with Kathryn, Kat or Jen.
ACCUPLACER: This is administered at the college testing center. See Kathryn, Kat, or Jen with any questions.
What's offered for Career and Technical Education (CTE)?
Courses in the following areas:
- Business, Marketing & Public Administration
- Agriculture, Natural Resources & Energy,
- STEM, Arts, Design & Information Technology
- Skilled Trades & Technical Sciences
- Health Science, Criminal Justice & Public Safety
- Hospitality, Human Services & Education
The most popular programs CFHSC students have or are doing include Culinary Arts, Cosmetology, and Automotive Technology. See the link at the top of this page for a full and complete listing.
What is Concurrent Enrollment?
Concurrent Enrollment is a program for high school students to attend college classes on a college campus and receive high school credit AND college credit at the same time.
For information about how to sign up, including what is in the Concurrent Enrollment Program Agreement Form, please see Kathryn, Kat, or Jen.
Deadlines apply to this program and requirements must be met for the course tuition to be covered by the district.
Where can you take Concurrent Enrollment courses?
Currently, students can take classes at Arapahoe Community College (unless Arapahoe Community College does not offer a program and in that case students can take courses at another local community college that offers the program they are interested in taking).