Englewood High School - Counseling Department
Counseling Office Phone Directory: (303) 806-2291
Need an appointment with your counselor? Click on the links below to request one!
The Englewood High School Counseling Department is dedicated to empowering every student to achieve academic success, personal and social growth, wellness, and career readiness.
The counseling program at Englewood High School strives to positively impact the lives of our students by partnering with parents, community, faculty and staff. The counselors offer an innovative, comprehensive planning and guidance program addressing student academic and career goals as well as personal and social needs. We provide students with the opportunities to acquire the educational and social competencies necessary for their growth toward lifelong success and effective responsible citizenship for a diverse and changing world.
School Counselors at Englewood High School believe:
- We have a primary obligation to the students, who are to be treated with dignity and respect as unique individuals
- Education is a responsibility shared by students, parents, staff and community and is based on an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Every student has the potential for learning and for meeting high school academic standards
- All counselors will abide by the ethical guidelines and standards developed by the American School Counselor Association
- In the use of data to make decisions about program implementation
- It is important to partake in professional development activities to promote student achievement and stay abreast to the counseling profession
- We should be both comprehensive and developmental in nature, proactive in design, and responsive to societal trends
- In our goal to promote district and school goals such as achievement, cultural diversity, equality, and school safety