The Englewood Student Support Center is located on the campus of Colorado's Finest High School of Choice, 300 W. Chenango Ave. (the corners of Delaware St. and Chenango Ave.)
Welcome to the Englewood Student Support Center!
Our daily class schedule:
Session A--7:00-11:25 am
Session B--10:30 am-3:30 pm
Early release Fridays--(please see school calendar for session attendance dates)
Our mission is to empower all students and their families to see their educational experience go above and beyond their expectations.
Our vision is for all students at the ESSC to graduate from Englewood Schools, be post-secondary ready and know what their next steps in life are because of their experiences at the ESSC.
Our culture values diversity within our staff and students so that all individuals feel valued and respected. We expect all stakeholders to participate in pro-active communication that supports each student's social-emotional and educational needs.
Our expectation is that our students, staff and families advocate for themselves and each other by using the tools taught to them during our daily advocacy period.
The ESSC is proud of our first year:
- Ten Englewood Schools graduates
- 138 students served
- Nearly 400 classes passed
- Our partnership with AD Works! for career and employment opportunities for all high school students
- Field trips to Englewood Schools and our surrounding schools for career and tech ed programs that our students can registrar for and participate in.
- Service learning projects for all students
The ESSC is finishing our second year of operation and we have plenty to celebrate!
As of May 20, 2016
- 14 students who will graduate from Englewood Schools on Saturday, May 21.
- Our students are completing classes on an average of two per day. We are expecting well over 360 classes passed in the 2015-16 school year.
- Our students are invested in their future learning. All returning ESSC students have school schedules for the fall 2016 semester.
The ESSC is a program that serves all Englewood secondary schools; with all the academic, social-emotional supports and resources that Englewood Schools systematically has in place for all schools.
The ESSC partners with Colorado Youth for a Change
to offer social-emotional supports to our students along with community centered tools that focus on supporting students and their families.
The ESSC supports all secondary students with a comprehensive learning model which allows students to access a half-day of educational offerings and then provides opportunities for our students to: volunteer in the community, take Advanced Placement and/or concurrent enrollment courses both at Englewood High School and Colorado's Finest High School of Choice. Our students can also access, Career and Technical Educations classes both in Englewood and our neighboring school districts.
It has been my pleasure to serve the students and families of Englewood for the last nine years. As I move to my new position of high school principal in Arizona, I will always look back at my time in Englewood as one of the best professional and personal experiences I have ever had. This is a special place and I will always consider myself a Pirate! Thank you to the students and their families and the the Englewood Schools community for a life-changing experience.--Brooke Davis
If you have questions about the ESSC, please contact the new Director, Jon Hubbard at email@example.com or 303-806-2502 after Wednesday, May 25, 2016.