Play - Learn - Grow at ECE Maddox!
The Englewood School District is proud to offer the Englewood Early Childhood Education Program at Maddox to families in the community. Our mission is to help children develop a positive attitude toward learning and to support children’s social and educational development. We provide integrated services that build a foundation for lifelong learning and support the role of parents as partners in their child’s educational development.
Funded preschool is available for children between the ages of 3 and 5 years old who meet eligibility requirements through the Colorado Preschool Program, Head Start or Special Education and provides a comprehensive system of services which address child, family and community needs. Preschool is also available for children on a tuition basis.
ECE Program Options
- 5 Full Day Classrooms (Monday-Friday) 8:00-3:00pm
- 5 Half Days Morning Classrooms (Monday-Thursday) 8:15-11:30am
- 5 Half Days Afternoon Classrooms (Monday-Thursday) 12:15- 3:30am
Who can apply?
Children who are three years old or four years old are eligible to enroll in preschool.
Don't miss your opportunity to apply! How to apply?
We have limited space in our preschool, so we encourage families to attend one of our Preschool Round up events in the spring.
What do I need to bring to Preschool - Child Find screenings?
To apply for preschool you MUST provide the following documentations and information with you to screening appointments:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Names and phone numbers of emergency contacts
- Proof of Residence (Utility Bill or Copy of Lease)
- Income Verification (Tax document) OR pay stubs for the last 3 months OR a signed income verification letter from your employer if you want to be considered for Free Preschool
What your child will learn at ECE Maddox:
- School readiness skills such as listening to stories, recognizing name, counting, and early writing skills
- Social/Emotional skills such as identifying feelings, learning how to make friends, and learning how to take turns and share
- Independence through activities such as, dressing for recess and taking care of personal belongings
- Learning new words and how to use language to express their ideas, wants, and needs
- Thinking skills such as problem solving and focusing on activities
Classrooms at ECE
ALL aspects of the school are designed to support children’s growth and
development. Decisions ranging from the physical set-up of the furniture
and materials in the classroom, to the selection of books in the
library, to the type of tomato plant growing in our garden are all
focused, intentional, and grounded in the foundational practices that
guide our school. Teachers observe children and use their interests to
shape the curricular choices provided in the classroom—literacy is
infused throughout each learning experience.
We are using the following curriculums:
The ECE Maddox program is licensed by the Colorado Department of Human Services and Qualistar Rated.
Colorado Shines, the new Quality Rating
Improvement System (QRIS) assigns a quality rating to licensed early
care and education programs. All licensed child care programs caring for
children prior to kindergarten are required to participate in the
Colorado Shines system that rates the quality of care they provide.
Here are some resources to learn more about Colorado Shines:
700 West Mansfield | Englewood, Colorado 80110 | 303.781.7585 | fax 303.806.2535