Englewood students can earn college credit while in high school!!! ESD has a robust Concurrent Enrollment program that allows high school students to enroll and earn college credits while still in high school. Concurrent Enrollment benefits students by lowering the cost of college, increasing the flexibility of academic options, increasing the ease of access to college coursework, and preparing students for a seamless transfer into college.
Students have two options to access concurrent enrollment classes:
- Students may enroll in college-level classes offered on our high school campuses, taught by Englewood Schools teachers, during the regular school day.
- Students may enroll in college-level classes offered on a college campus.
Students in grades 9-12, who have met the necessary course requirements, may take two Concurrent Enrollment courses per semester with tuition paid by Englewood Schools.
The program is made possible thanks to a partnership between Englewood Schools and the following postsecondary institutions:
- Arapahoe Community College
- Community College of Denver
- Community College of Aurora
- Red Rocks Community College
- Metropolitan State University
Learn more about specific Concurrent Enrollment opportunities and the application process by having your student speak with their high school counselor.
Current courses offered at each high school:
Englewood High School
Colorado's Finest High School of Choice
AAA 109-Advanced Academic Achievement
CCR 092-College Composition and Reading