- CFHSC offers hope and a fresh start every six weeks (New classes begin every six weeks).
- CFHSC offers a lot less drama. Our system proactively uses mediation and restorative practices to stop bullying and anti-social behaviors before they begin.
- At CFHSC: Individualism and independence are respected by staff and students.
- CFHSC uses a point system, instead of traditional grades, which allows students to work at an academic pace that is right for the them.
- CFHSC offers flexible start times.
The heart of our school is our faculty. Our teachers are people who possess both a deep understanding of their content and a strong desire to build positive, supportive relationships with students. Our school believes that the best counselor is a teacher who students know, trust and respect. Teachers at Colorado's Finest have "families" of up to twenty students. Each teacher gets to know his or her students as individuals, and serve as the liaison between home and school for the students' entire career at Finest.
"I do know that we are the best alternative high school program out there. We excel at so many things including creating learners who are often uninterested in becoming learners. I know that my dream is making sure that students, who are considered at risk, are well educated and able to effectively compete with traditional students! And I dream that one day alternative education will be valued and consistently perceived as quality." --Bobbie Skaggs