1. Flip open the cap of the carrier tube
2. Slide out of carrier tube
3. Grasp unit with fist and orange tip down
4. With other hand, pull off blue safety release cap
5. Hold orange tip near outer thigh of child (NEVER place thumb over the end of Epi-Pen injector)
6. Swing and push against outer thigh at a right angle (perpendicular to the leg)
7. Hold firm against thigh for 3-10 seconds to deliver the medication
***Be sure to notify your school nurse consultant when a student has an anaphylactic reaction at school. We will assist you in completing the necessary documentation!