Information for Teachers and Administrators
- PARCC: Are you part of the PARCC pilot testing? This document might help you. Read more...
Health and Wellness Corner
- Free Holiday Concert: Students from Strings Attached will be performing the Nutcracker on Dec. 10. Read more...
Important Information for Everyone
- FREE On-Site Fitness Classes: View a list of the fall fitness classes, dates times and locations. Read more...
- Winter Fitness Classes: Do you have a fitness class in mind you want hosted at your site? Read more...
- Thrive Across America Competition Ends December 8: Here are the team rankings so far. Read more...
- Healthy Holidays Program from Kaiser: Get support for maintaining your weight during the holidays. Read more...
- Free Health Risk Assessment Available to All Employees: The Kaiser Total Health Assessment can help you examine what's affecting your overall health. Read more...
- Join the Coolest Committee in the District – be a CHAMPION! If you're interested in finding out more about wellness at Englewood Schools or have ideas, become an ES Superchampion! Read more...
Insurance Premiums and HSA Contributions
Below is the results of the first quarter district writing assessment.
not only indicates which departments in the district are making the highest student gains in their Data Teams, it also reveals the instructional strategies that the team used to encourage such growth.
Back to TopRDAB Closures
Please be aware that 2014 premiums for medical, dental, vision and voluntary benefits will be reflected on your December paycheck. Current District HSA contributions will continue to be deposited into your UMB account, if applicable, in December 2013. New District HSA contribution amounts will begin in January 2014. Personal adjustments to your own HSA contributions will begin in January unless otherwise communicated to HR.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Linda Shamlin at 303-806-2029 with any questions.
Beginning Monday, December 23, 2013, through Friday, January 3, 2014, RDAB will be closed to the public. This closure will provide an opportunity for employees to take time off to spend with family and friends.Back to Top
Back to Top
Free Holiday Concert
Strings Attached will be performing the Nutcracker at 7pm on December 10, at Englewood Middle School. The event is free and anyone is welcome to attend! Students playing the violin, viola, cello and piano will perform.
See you there!Back to Top
Health & Wellness CornerFREE On-Site Fitness Classes!
Below is a list of the fall fitness classes, dates, times, and locations. ALL Englewood staff are invited to participate in classes at ANY location.
Cherrelyn – Boot Camp, Thursdays, 3:15 PM, 10/31 – 12/13 (skip 11/28)
CFAHS – Pilates, Mondays, 3:30 PM, 11/4 – 12/9
RDAB – Pilates, Mondays, 4:45 PM, 11/4 – 12/16
Back to Top
Winter Fitness Classes
If you would like to have a fitness class hosted at your site in the Winter of 2014, please share your preferences with Dale Lumpa ASAP, including:
Day of the week
Start date in January or February
Type of class (Boot Camp, yoga, Pilates, CrossFit, or Zumba)
Preferred instructor (if you have one)
Contact person at your worksite
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST BY TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10TH!
Back to Top
Thrive Across America Competition Ends December 8th!
Thrive Across America will be ending on Sunday, December 8th! Make sure to log on and track your activity! Current team rankings are:
- BLT Bears
- Boom Boom Bishop
- Maddox Avengers
- Maddox Maniacs
- Roscoe’s Rascals
- Team SPARK
- Wonder Women
Keep up the momentum!
Back to TopKaiser Healthy Holidays Program, November 18 - January 10
Back to TopFree Health Risk Assessment Available to All Employees
You can get by with a little help from your friends! The tempting holiday season is just around the corner. If you’d like support in maintaining your weight through the holiday season and learning how to make better nutritional choices, you can participate in Kaiser’s “Maintain Don’t Gain” program. This program is FREE to all Englewood Schools staff.
Each week from November 18th through January 10th, you will receive a focus of the week from Kaiser that includes tips, recipes, and information. These tips will be posted on the ES website under Health and Wellness >> Staff Wellness >> Healthy Holidays.
If you would like to form a team with your co-workers, friends, or family, just use the team sign-up sheet posted on the website. You do not need to turn the form in to anyone; this is just between you and your teammates. You do not have to have a team or a buddy to participate.
If you have any questions about this program, please email Dale Lumpa, Englewood Schools Wellness Coordinator, or check with your local Champion!
The Kaiser Total Health Assessment (THA) is an easy questionnaire that can help you examine what’s affecting your overall health—from how often you exercise to what you eat in the morning—and then help you prioritize your lifestyle changes to reduce your risks.
How is my information protected?
This questionnaire is part of a confidential and voluntary program that is part of the Englewood Schools wellness program. It provides you with important information on how to stay healthy. No individual health information will be provided to anyone at Englewood Schools.
Kaiser members may complete the assessment online. If you are not a Kaiser member you may request a paper assessment fromLinda Shamlin in the Human Resources Office.
To complete the Total Health Assessment online:
1. Log on to kp.org
with your user ID and password
2. Hold mouse over “My Health Manager” tab, click on “My Medical Record.” Click on “Past Visit Information” and “Test Results” to write down your blood pressure, cholesterol (LDL, HDL, and triglycerides), and fasting glucose. If you do not have these test results yet, you may skip this step.
3. Click on “Health and Wellness”; and then click the “Total Health Assessment” icon. Scroll down and click “Start Succeed now.”
4. If this is your first time entering the site, click “I agree” to Terms & Conditions and click “Next.”
5. Complete the HealthMedia® Succeed™ Total Health Assessment.
6. Print out your personal report and make plans to improve your health with a variety of special online programs, health education classes, and discussions with your personal health care team
Once you have completed your THA, bookmark or print your personal report and make plans to improve your health with a variety of online programs, health education classes, and discussions with your personal health care team.
This program is FREE to all Englewood Schools employees, both Kaiser and non-Kaiser members.
Back to TopJoin the Coolest Committee in the District – be a CHAMPION!
If you are interested in finding out more about the staff and student wellness initiatives at Englewood Schools, or have an idea that you’d like to implement, become an ES Superchampion! Please contact Dale Lumpa, Englewood Schools Wellness Coordinator, to learn about how you can get involved! Dale_lumpa@englewood.k12.co.us.Back to Top