- Discount Tickets to the National Western Stock Show: Get your tickets mailed directly to your home. Read more...
Health and Wellness Corner
- Edmodo Meetup at the Brown Palace: Free meetup on January 9. Read more...
- SchoolNet and iPads: Good to go! Read more...
- Old Google Domain Removed: Englewoodhs.org has been removed. Read more...
Important Information for Everyone
- FREE On-Site Fitness Classes in the WINTER: New classes offered at all schools and buildings starting in January. Read more...
- Healthy Classroom Celebrations: Other schools are doing it, too! Read more...
- Thrive Across America WINNERS!!: Congratulations to.... Read more...
- Healthy Holidays Program from Kaiser: Get support for maintaining your weight during the holidays. Read more...
- Free Health Risk Assessment Available to All Employees: The Kaiser Total Health Assessment can help you examine what's affecting your overall health. Read more...
- Join the Coolest Committee in the District – be a CHAMPION! If you're interested in finding out more about wellness at Englewood Schools or have ideas, become an ES Superchampion! Read more...
Accredited with Improvement
Below are four screen shots that can be found by drilling down on the Schoolnet Dashboard. Since Englewood Students have completed both Acuity A and B, we can determine the level of proficiency scored as well as a growth score.
Back to TopRDAB Closures
Beginning Monday, December 23, 2013, through Friday, January 3, 2014, RDAB will be closed to the public. This closure will provide an opportunity for employees to take time off to spend with family and friends.Back to Top
Publications Closed 12/24 - 1/1
Back to Top
The Publications Department will be CLOSED from Tuesday, December 24 through January 1st, 2014. The Department will reopen for business at 10 AM on Tuesday, January 2.
The print shop will be open on a limited basis December 23 (AM only.) Please submit your orders with these time constraints in mind as you anticipate your requests for copies at the start of 2014.
Back to Top
Celebrate Data Team ProgressBack to Top
The Data Team with the most achievement gains during the month of December will be honored at the January Board Meeting on January 14, 2014. The team will provide a brief overview of the instructional strategy that was used to attain the achievement gains, and then will receive a certificate from the Englewood Board of Education.
Voices of Englewood's Gifted and TalentedBack to Top
The purpose of this newsletter is to create awareness, share ideas, and communicate about gifted education and gifted students in Englewood. Read what one teacher and four students have to say! If you or one of your students would like to contribute to the next newsletter, please contact Gail Stine. Read the newsletter here.
National Western Stock Show
Called the Super Bowl of Cattle Shows, the National Western Stock Show is a 16-day Colorado extravaganza taking place January 11-26th at the National Western Complex. It is the world’s largest stock show with more than 15,000 animals, rodeo performances, horse shows, livestock competitions, mutton busting, petting stalls and a trade show that includes over 900 vendors. Grab your boots and cowboy hat and come join the fun!Use this form to order your tickets.
Back to Top
Edmodo, an online tool being used by many of our staff to extend learning opportunities, is hosting a free meetup and learning opportunity at the Brown Palace Hotel in downtown Denver January 9th.
Back to Top
SchoolNet and iPads
SchoolNet’s online assessment library is good to go with iPads! Now touch and mobile enabled, you and your data team have a powerful tool for formative assessments. For a quick reminder on student login procedures, please consult this link.
Back to Top
OLD Google Apps Domain Removed
As you no doubt know, the OLD Google domain (englewoodhs.org) has been replaced by the more inclusive new domain (engschools.net). To further that transition, we are taking down the old login link. If you should still need access, please contact ITS. All content in that domain will be deleted (irrevocably) this summer.
Health & Wellness CornerFREE On-Site Fitness Classes in the WINTER!
Starting in January, on-site fitness classes will be offered at schools and buildings. These classes include Pilates, yoga, boot camp, and Zumba! Please check the website for up to date information about the times and locations of classes.
FREE TO ALL ES EMPLOYEES!!!
Back to Top
Healthy Classroom Celebrations
The Englewood Schools Wellness Policy states that classroom celebrations must include physical activity (50% of the celebration time), that only water may be served as a beverage, and that foods provided must follow the Englewood Schools Nutrition Parameters for meals or foods sold individually. You can find both the Englewood School Wellness Policy and the Nutrition Parameters on the ES website under Health and Wellness >> Resources (top of the page). Also on that page, you can view guides that list which commonly purchased foods meet the Parameters! In addition to fruits and vegetables, how about Edy’s All Natural Fruit Bars, or Austin Zoo Animal Crackers? Yum!
Back to Top
Thrive Across America Competition WINNERS!!
Congratulations to ROSCOE’S RASCALS who snuck up from behind and took first place!!
This competition will be run again in the winter/spring. Until then, you can keep logging your activity on the Thrive website.
1. Roscoe Rascals
2. Maddox Maniacs
3. BLT Bears
4. Maddox Avengers
5. Boom Boom Bishop
6. Wonder Women
7. Team SPARK
Back to TopKaiser Healthy Holidays Program, November 18 - January 10
Back to TopFree Health Risk Assessment Available to All Employees
You can get by with a little help from your friends! The tempting holiday season is just around the corner. If you’d like support in maintaining your weight through the holiday season and learning how to make better nutritional choices, you can participate in Kaiser’s “Maintain Don’t Gain” program. This program is FREE to all Englewood Schools staff.
Each week from November 18th through January 10th, you will receive a focus of the week from Kaiser that includes tips, recipes, and information. These tips will be posted on the ES website under Health and Wellness >> Staff Wellness >> Healthy Holidays.
If you would like to form a team with your co-workers, friends, or family, just use the team sign-up sheet posted on the website. You do not need to turn the form in to anyone; this is just between you and your teammates. You do not have to have a team or a buddy to participate.
If you have any questions about this program, please email Dale Lumpa, Englewood Schools Wellness Coordinator, or check with your local Champion!
The Kaiser Total Health Assessment (THA) is an easy questionnaire that can help you examine what’s affecting your overall health—from how often you exercise to what you eat in the morning—and then help you prioritize your lifestyle changes to reduce your risks.
How is my information protected?
This questionnaire is part of a confidential and voluntary program that is part of the Englewood Schools wellness program. It provides you with important information on how to stay healthy. No individual health information will be provided to anyone at Englewood Schools.
Kaiser members may complete the assessment online. If you are not a Kaiser member you may request a paper assessment fromLinda Shamlin in the Human Resources Office.
To complete the Total Health Assessment online:
1. Log on to kp.org
with your user ID and password
2. Hold mouse over “My Health Manager” tab, click on “My Medical Record.” Click on “Past Visit Information” and “Test Results” to write down your blood pressure, cholesterol (LDL, HDL, and triglycerides), and fasting glucose. If you do not have these test results yet, you may skip this step.
3. Click on “Health and Wellness”; and then click the “Total Health Assessment” icon. Scroll down and click “Start Succeed now.”
4. If this is your first time entering the site, click “I agree” to Terms & Conditions and click “Next.”
5. Complete the HealthMedia® Succeed™ Total Health Assessment.
6. Print out your personal report and make plans to improve your health with a variety of special online programs, health education classes, and discussions with your personal health care team
Once you have completed your THA, bookmark or print your personal report and make plans to improve your health with a variety of online programs, health education classes, and discussions with your personal health care team.
This program is FREE to all Englewood Schools employees, both Kaiser and non-Kaiser members.
Back to TopJoin the Coolest Committee in the District – be a CHAMPION!
If you are interested in finding out more about the staff and student wellness initiatives at Englewood Schools, or have an idea that you’d like to implement, become an ES Superchampion! Please contact Dale Lumpa, Englewood Schools Wellness Coordinator, to learn about how you can get involved! Dale_lumpa@englewood.k12.co.us.Back to Top